Best Online Casino NZ – A Guide To All You Need To Know
New Zealand is a beautiful country surrounded with breathtaking nature. At the same time, the weather is not always in favor of outdoor activities. Because of that many New Zealanders, or Kiwis as they are also known, turn to online gambling on the top casinos in New Zealand. Online gambling is considered to be as one of the, if not the most, popular pastime activities in the entire country.
Criteria on how to select best online casino NZ
Finding the best ones comes only after eliminating the ones that can be considered low-performing or suspicious at the very least. To that end, anyone with some respect for his money should avoid playing in casinos that lack some of the basic security and safety features such as:
- Random number generator (RNG) that guarantees fair play.
- ECOGRA certificate.
- SSL Encryption
- Online Gambling in New Zealand is controlled by the Department of Internal Affairs and New Zealand’s Gambling Commission
- The Online Casino should guarantee that player’s data and transactions are protected and won’t be sold to a third party.
Any New Zealand lacking those features should be avoided.
Fortunately, most online casinos and casino games in New Zealand are compliant and match the basic criteria. However, not all can be rated as best, as not all offer the same terms and bonuses. And it is in the bonuses & promotions, and selection of games, where the best are distinguished from the rest. The starting point should always be the selection of games the online casino can offer. Then come the size of the bonus & promotions that the casino offers. The more the better, simple as that. The only thing to keep in mind is that different casinos offer different wagering terms and requirements. So, make sure that you check that before deciding on a casino.
Top rated online casino games in New Zealand
Some of the most popular NZ online casino games are:
- Video Poker
- Progressive Jackpot
These might be the most popular ones, but the selection is not limited only to them. The most reputable online casinos have the same selection as some of the world greatest online casinos, from classic pokies to the newest table games.
Playing with real money in best online casinos NZ
Playing with New Zealand dollars your best payment options are Debit and Credit Cards, Web Wallet, Pre-Paid Vouchers, and Bank Transfer. Other popular payment processors are ecoPayz, EntroPay, PayPal, Neteller, Skrill, and Paysafecard. Typically, most online casinos offer withdrawal using the same payment method as the deposit (excluding no deposit bonus pokies).
How to test a real money casino in New Zealand
Pretty much same as elsewhere – you play their games for free. The best casinos offer a free version of their games, no strings attached. There are even some that offer no deposit playing. All it takes is to create an account, verify it, and grab yourself a no deposit bonus. Of course, the no deposit bonus comes with strict wagering terms, but it is free after all, and there is no need for a credit card.
Mobile gambling in NZ
Almost every best online casino offers a mobile version of their platform or native apps. That way the players can enjoy their games from every device.
How to recognize a blacklisted gambling sites
Usually, there is a list that can be found on online forums where online players like to hang out. For a casino to be blacklisted needs to do one or more disrupt things. For an example:
- The casino uses illegal software
- Slow payouts
- No or little customer’s support
- They don’t protect their player’s data or use it without their explicit permission.
- They don’t encrypt any of the data
Quick facts about online gambling in New Zealand
- The Gambling Act 2003 regulates what’s legal gambling in New Zealand. Anything out of its scope is considered outside the law. Online casino gambling is under the umbrella of this act.
- Slot machines in New Zealand are equipped with a monitoring system that gathers data from all machines in the country. There is also a special button that reveals the total amount spent in each session.
- Gambling in New Zealand has its roots since its 19th century. People then started betting on horses. Nowadays, New Zealanders are more into online casinos. It is estimated that people spent more than NZ $3 billion every year. Much of it is spent on online casinos.
- New Zealand citizens are not restricted from playing online, but there are no online casinos hosted in the country.